View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #7
cabenth
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4750
Vehicle:
2001 RS
Silver

Rim is known as a car breaker event. But it seems as if this is largely because of the organizers rather than just a function of the terrain.

For instance, the field that held the SS stages was rather large, yet the room given to the cars was very small, and there was about 1 foot between the lanes. This seems like they were HOPING to cause cars to collide or high center. They had plenty of room to widen the race lanes, and even put more space between them.

Another example is the jump. Friday night, it was a simple fall away type jump, it didn't THROW your car into the air, it just fell away faster than gravity. They saw that and modified it Saturday morning.

Then they overwatered a couple of spots....

Even the well sponsored competitors have to show results or they'll loose the sponsorship, and many of the drivers out there spend pretty much every spare penny on their cars. Then they come to rim, where the rally seems to be designed to break their cars. I think the drivers deserve more respect and consideration.

Having said all that, I'm just a spectator and these are my observations and opions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cabenth is offline   Reply With Quote