Old 05-17-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
tnedator
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21631
Vehicle:
2002 Red WRX + 2004
Silver FXT Premium

Default Which way to go...

I have posted a couple questions here regarding performance aspects of the XT. I want to trade my '03 Forester XS in on something with better performance (handling and acceleration). I think the XT handles the acceleration, but am not sure on the handling.

Here are the choices I am considering.
'04 XT Premium
'05 Legacy GT Wagon
'05 Dodge Magnum

The Magnum is really out of my price range, although it would be the most powerful.

The Legacy is going to cost several thousand more than the XT, plus I will not be able to get the 1.9% finacing on it, so the monthly cost will be higher.

The XT is the least powerful and worst handling, but is also the cheapest. In addition, I like the comfort, visibility, cargo area, etc. of my XS.

I know it is hard to draw comparisons between the new GT turbo and XT, since the GT isn't out yet. However, here is what I am wondering. If I get an XT and either go with the Cobb Stage one suspension upgrades, or equivalent STI parts and go to 17" wheels and better tires, how would you expect the XT to compare to the new '05 GT?

Also, how close will it be to my stock '02 WRX in handling?

Finally, I after reading through the posts, I don't seem to see a recommended replacement tire that is getting universal good reviews. My thoughts were to go with a 225/50/R17, since I believe that will keep the Speedometer accurate.

Thanks

Billy
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by tnedator; 05-17-2004 at 02:37 PM.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote