View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 09:40 PM   #9
Big Ron
Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Originally posted by Mike Wevrick
If you have time, we could really use an FAQ on shifting. It seems like every week there are threads on double-clutching, rev-matching, downshifting into 1st, shifting into reverse, what rpm to launch at, etc ...
Never thought of a FAQ for the driver. Many, many people here say the first mod is to "tighten the nut behind the wheel". I gave shifting advice to someone earlier today as a matter of fact. Thanks for the idea Mike! Swaybars were next on my mental radar, but I think they just got bumped.

Originally posted by Rebellion
hmmm .. unabomber. You make a great FAQ as always. My only complaint is that it's more opinion...
I'd like to add that Helix makes a very low priced uppipe and downpipe of excellent quality.
Yes, it is all opinion this time. I will agree that the Helix downpipe is dynamite for the money. I think their uppipe at around $200 is overpriced though. Many Vendors offer decent deals when it is bundled with their other items though and it becomes a better deal at around $150ish though. I am personally not a fan of package deals though. It's nothing against Helix or your opinion, but I prefer to buy items based on their merit rather than getting them for the sake of "a deal". By itself though, I don't think that uppipe is worth $200.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Unabomber; 05-28-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote