Old 06-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #13
seanr2
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62697
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 BAJA
Garnet Red

SUCCESS!! I have all four Hella 500 driving lights on my light bar... it looks pretty sharp (when I figure out how to get my pics from my digital camera to this site I'll show you) They weren't on 24 hours when I got pulled over by a Pennsylvania State Trooper. I didn't have the covers on. Now the Trooper let me off with a warning ticket since I had the covers in the back seat but he did give me some info as I explained the sport lights to him. In PA it's a $100.00 fine to drive on the road with out covers on your off-road lights. However he did admit its a gray area on whether the ticket would stick since the lights work only when the parking break is on. So I then asked if I could put stone guards or clear covers on the lights and it be street legal. He tipped his hat back a little and admitted that was another gray area. So since I had him there I asked him if I put seats in the bed of the truck for the summer like the BRAT if that was legal. He actually had an answer for that which surprised me. Putting seats in the back or just having people back there is just fine as long as you are not traveling above 35MPH and the people in the back of the truck must all be over 18 years of age. So I then asked that if I had a BRAT would the same laws apply or would there be a grandfather clause or something (sort of like seatbelts in an antique car). He concluded that the same rules apply for the BRAT... 35 and 18. So all you Pennsylvania BAJA and BRAT drivers now the the rules... cover your sport lights and 35 & 18!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
seanr2 is offline   Reply With Quote