Old 07-08-2004, 07:29 AM   #7
nhluhr
John Wayne Toilet Paper

Member#: 7327
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
2006 Wrangler Sport

hey guys I JUST got this thing yesterday and installed it yesterday evening.

I'll get a chance to do some logging on sunday. I did take a digital caliper to the tube - it's 65mm.

Also, I got this email from K&N regarding the product:

Quote:
Mr. Luhr;

Thank you for your interest and compliments on our product.

All of our Intake kits are introduced to the market only after extensive testing on our dynos. Not just one vehicle but several are used and if possible brought in from different areas. All of our kits are tested to assure no DTC's are triggered. We also install kits on vehicles in order to monitor, after development and introduction of the kit, and gain additional information as the vehicle is used in everyday driving conditions.
We appreciate your offer to test but we have an in-house test area capable of performing any testing to assure fuel trims are within parameters set by the factory. Any additional testing not performed at K&N is handled by an independent test facility that is able to supply us with certified documentation.

Again thank you for your e-mail, we appreciate hearing from our customers.

Rich Dwyer
R&D Manager
K&N Engineering, Inc.
909-826-4000 ext. 4341
richd@KNFilters.com
The question I asked him was specifically about Air/Fuel ratios and whether or not he could confirm how much this would mess with them, but as you see, he totally dodged the issue by not saying either way.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nhluhr is offline   Reply With Quote