Old 07-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #16
Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

Kevin Thomas should be hosting the sheet shortly. Let's see if I can answer all the questions in one post, even though some of them were already covered in my opening post.

Car was dyno'd at 5000ft on the exact same dyno Cobb uses. The stock RS and WRX #'s are numbers from this EXACT same dyno.

I didn't get the heads because of some major financial chaos that occured in my life (ie. GF bailed on our lease and I lost my job in the same month). Cobb let me apply my deposit to parts, so I got the cams w/o the heads. I wanted the springs, but they couldn't get them in stock quickly enough. The work was done by Bret Carter at Flat4/Mike Shaw Subaru. I had a headgasket failure and got the car in with 17 miles left on the 100,000 mi warranty. My cost for install was next to nothing. And I got a new oil pump under warranty at the same time.

I will eventually do the heads, but at this point, I think the bottom end will get done first. This is just because of the mileage on it and the fact that the heads were just rebuilt. I will do the springs as soon as the Accessport comes out because at that point I will bump the redline to 7000rpm. I am pretty sure there is power there. I think Eric was pulling up on the gas a little early on the dyno to avoid hitting the rev limiter. Trey tells me the cams should peak at 6200rpm, and my dyno came up 500 rpm short of that #. I guess we will find out once AP is released.

I spoke to Trey and some of the other Cobb guys on Tuesday and they are making progress on the 2.5 AP. It is still not to be expected before late in the year. But they have not forgotten about us and have a guy working on it full time. Just be patient.

hawk296 Next time you won't be close enough for the rocks to hit you.

ttboy19, night and day difference. And nobody is going to accuse this car of sounding like a Honda anymore. It screams Subby now...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote