Scooby Guru

Member#: 7321
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
.... 122 IggPoints
Work... ahhh... so tired.

Quote:
Originally posted by IllNastyImpreza
this has been discussed before when people questioned the ej25's open deck nature. It doesnt come down to how much peak horsepower and boost it can hold at one time, But rather for how long you can punish the relitavely weakly reinforced walls of the block.
If I could figure out how to post picstures I could post the ej25 vs ej22t vs ej257. can someone help me out?

It seems that the STI block, as well as the ej25 have ALOT of unreinforced area behind the cylinder walls. All this space is the reason you can only run so much boost for so long before those nice circular cylinder walls become nice oval cylinder walls. Note that the ej22t is almost completly closed in...thats a real block right there
Ya, but you putting way to much on the closed deck aspect of the block. Its not that important. The problem with the 257 is its a lose motor(no very well balance from the factory), pistons are heavy, and the walls are thiner then most subaru blocks. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=536442

But its like any stock subaru block will be fine in the 350-400 whp range on the right turbo with out problem. The 2.5L is just for people who like low end pull and mid 20 boost levels where as the 2.0 is for people who like to rev and boost high. The 2.2 is a great half and half more low end pull and it will hold the boost.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
totoherbs is offline   Reply With Quote