View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 12:52 PM   #17
cjoffe
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 60277
Vehicle:
2004 Baja Turbo

Default Just got mine.

I just got the OzzBros bed cover, directly from them since there is no dealer in the Atlanta area.

This is how it came out of the box. It is two pieces covered in padding and vinyl, with carpeting on the underside. The front piece press-fits in front of the rollbars like so:

The rear piece has a lip that fits under the edge of the front piece so that when it is down, they're pretty much locked together. The upside is that it "installs" instantly because there's nothing other than the lock plate to attach. The downside is that there's no gasket either so it wouldn't be water proof or resistant at all. I have not yet tested that though. It looks and fits well and looks professionally made. The other benefit is that it can alse be removed instantly if you need to carry big stuff.

It locks directly to the tailgate so it is pretty secure although I wouldn't call it a bank vault. A determined thief could still get the front part up and the lift the back section up, but I'm not planning to store valuables there. A thief would have to know in advance about this vulnerability. The tailgate can also lowered without having to mess with the top when it's unlocked which is very handy:

They only deal with dealers unless you don't have one in your area. I spoke to Roger who seems like a very nice guy. They shipped it immediately, as I got it 2 days after I called. All in all, I consider it a worthy purchase.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cjoffe is offline   Reply With Quote