Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Platinum Silver

Wheels that occasionally Spin = Wheelspin Motorsports

Driving by the Tachometer instead of the speedo = TachDriver Association

All about the curves = Apex Motorsports

Smooth HP application = Powerband Motorsports

All gas = Pedalstand

Think of other phrases that mean cool car stuff.

The problem I had with Twisted Fantasy was was emphasized by the fact that Fantasy Motorsports is Actually Fantasy Coachworks.
God I hated those custom vans. The commercials were good though, nice 80's bikinis and what not.

What it comes down to is this, I am damn near 30. I have grown to like classy things, so if I am going to have a car club sticker on my car, it is going to be a classy one. Not a sticker that makes propsectives dates of mine wonder if I hit puberty yet.

Yes this is very important to the club, identity is the one thing that you cannot slack on. Without identity, there is no club. I do a lot of work with online communities, and I could make a list of crazy successes and failures (online communities mirror brick and mortar ones). But the first and formost priority of any aspiring club should be a clear purpose, a descriptive and meaningful name, and a clearly demarked target audience (meaning you can't try to be everything for everyone or else it becomes meaningless to be a memeber).

What exactly is our purpose? Is it to compete aggressively with our cars? Or is it just to have a car.

I realize we are having trouble with the name, so I will skip it for now.

What is our target membership? Is it anyone who has a car? I realize it isn't just local Scooby Drivers but what exactly makes entry in our club both exclusive and meaningful?

As soon as you can definitively answer these questions, you have the making of a successful club. And by virture of it's success, it will be respected.

But hey, I am just the new guy. I don't have tons of time to be dedicating to the club anyway. I will definitely do what I can when I can, but between my Australian Rules Football team, my mountain biking fetish, and a crazy work schedule, it will be hard. I want to be involved as much as my time will allow. So in that regard, I have a vested interest in being a part of the club.

I still think dan needs to buy a scooby and then we can make it an exclusive subaru owners club

[This message has been edited by uniballer (edited April 11, 2001).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
uniballer is offline   Reply With Quote