View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 11:42 AM   #48
WRXED1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 59595
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
Midnight Blue

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
225-45-17 - Yoko AVS ES100s - comparing these to 205-55-16 Micheline Pilot Sport A&S

#2.) what is your geographic location
SoCal

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
Highway / City

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
Its SoCal! 85% Highway 15% City

#5.) your review and personal comments

I know comparing a +1 summer tire to an All Season tire is considered tabo, but the Pilot Sport A&S are considered to be very close in terms of overall performance to the Pilot Sport per Tire Rack (comparison).

The Pilot Sport A&S had a rough ride due to the stiff sidewall. Acceptable, but rough. They handled well and were relatively quite. They were extremely responsive to turning and quick lane change, but felt a little unstable at higher speeds and twitchy on the highway.

The ES100s obviously have better grip with the +1 configuration, but also have a much better ride! This was sort of a surprise considering the tire height. The ES100s feel MUCH more stable, though the Pilot Sports are a little quieter. Turn-in/quick turning is not quite as good as the Pilot Sports, though still very acceptable. Have not tried the ES100s in wet yet. Love these tires and glad I upsized. The car feels much more stout with the upsizing and look much better too. Highly recommend them!
Thanks for your participation
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRXED1 is offline   Reply With Quote