Old 07-29-2004, 09:39 PM   #22
gstien
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 56771
Vehicle:
2003 Baja
Maroon

I hear yah!
I am so stinking mad at Subaru for NOT advertising the Baja, I could scream.
Why? I thought you would never ask.....
I am a fleet manager in gov't, and our "department" deals with construction codes and enforcement of those codes. Almost every inspector that has seen my Baja, has said the same thing. "Hey, that's just what we need." "It rides like a car, has the clearance of a truck, gets great gas mileage, and it's AWD. IMHO we wouldn't need to buy cars AND trucks, we could just buy Baja's and be done with it. I have suggested the idea, but the car is still a foreign car. HOWEVER....part of the gov't bought 2 toyota prius (how's that plural? LOL), and actually Subaru does have some GM interest. "Onstar" is a GM product, and so is Saab. Seen that new "Saab" wagon? IF I can talk them into it, I still have to overcome a few things. 1). They all have to be white. 2.) They all have to be American enough that we can buy them. 3.) I have to find at least 10-15 base models (or have them made) within a $17-18,000 price range. If I can do it believe me I will post pictures. But it's going to be at least 9-11 mos before I can though, just ordered 15 (05) Taurus's. LOL
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gstien is offline   Reply With Quote