Scooby Newbie

Member#: 40661
Vehicle:
2002 Imprezza WRX
WRX Blue

Default Stock hangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrool
got the hush yesterday and installed it under 30min. but now its probably gonna take me a few hours to figure out how to shift the whole exhaust over to the right while retaining stock hangers. or "will" the K/B long hangers really fix my issue?
I have a Borla Hush on my 2002 wagon, and it fit perfectly. I used Kartboy hangers, but it looks like the stock ones would have fit just fine.

Everything just lined up pretty well on mine, with no need for longer hangers. I think some of the hangers did need to be slid a bit to the side from where they had been for the stock muffler, but that wasn't too hard, using some WD-40 for lubricant. I think this is all you need to do.

If that doesn't solve, it, the Borla pipes have some slip-fit connections, and by rotating them, you may be able to adjust things for proper fitment. Depending on the angle of the dogleg, the muffler can be moved back and forth and up and down. (or more accurately: up and left, or down and right)

By the way, I got rid of a previous muffler due to a droning problem, (and a loudness problem) and I sure don't notice any droning with the Borla Hush. It sounds awesome at idle, at low speeds, and at high speeds. I love it.

I do feel that the WRX could have used some more sound insulation, and plan to add some in the spare tire well and the doors, but this is more for overall road noise.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Vector92 is offline   Reply With Quote