Scooby Guru

Member#: 32792
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2003 GGA MBP
12.9 / 105+

did this mod tonight.

i managed to do it for ZERO MONEY..

i had a small flat head bolt that seemed to thread into the hole. i took a large drill bit and countersunk the hole so that it tapered to meet the bolt head chamfer. then i drilled out the other hole, and replaced my trusty old txs rfl with the now-modded stocker.

first... daaayam, it's so quiet! i didn't really realize how loud the rfl was until it was gone. the ricer in me misses it dearly. i will not be selling it any time soon...

BUT

you can tell that the car is a bit happier with a BPV in place. i saw a bit more of an rpm surge as i lifted off the throttle, but it reapplied power much quicker after the shift/rollon. i noticed that the high rpm lift while staying in gear was much smoother.

what prompted this was a little time with my local constabulary. it seems that while pulling out of a parking lot the sound of the rfl was misinterpreted as "peeling out." after a lot of explanation i was let off the hook, but it was too close for comfort. these were the local cops in the city where i live, and it's pretty small. i just don't need the attention, as much as i love scaring pedestrians and such.

i might put it back on, or i might not. change is good... it makes you appreciate things. i'm running 17.5/18 psi on it and i netted the exact same manifold pressure before and after, so i know it's sealing well. so the plan is to run with the tms modded stocker for a while.

jm2c
ken

ps oh yeah today i realized the other benefit of the 100% vta bov... pulling your ic takes less time. now i've got to unscrew FOUR bolts instead of two.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ride5000 is offline   Reply With Quote