Old 09-24-2004, 03:47 AM   #57
machron1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 71047
Vehicle:
2003 Evolution VIII
Rally Red

Default Falken Azenis Sport 245/45/17

#1.) what tire are you offering for review (please include size)
Falken Azenis Sport 245/45/17 on a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

#2.) what is your geographic location
Portland, OR

#3.) what types of driving events if any (i.e. track, AutoX, RallyX)
Open Track, DE, AutoX, Mountain Carving

#4.) percent of highway vs. city driving
50/50

#5.) your review and personal comments
I like these tires. 18K miles with substantial negative camber before I finally need new ones. They are starting to drop off performance wise, but when they were fresh man they were great. Probably too noisy for most people, just about as noisy as the stock Advan A046's. Rain was never a problem. I never experienced the purported greasiness others claim to have experienced, but I never pushed them in extreme heat. The time I thought they were greasy, it was just because they were picking up rubber left by the CHAMP race cars the previous weekend.

I do recommend filling them with nitrogen instead of air for track days because they retain heat and expand with normal air, so you have to deflate them when they heat up or you'll lose a lot of grip and they will start squeeling. When they are normal temp, the squeeling is low pitched, but when they expand the squeeling is much higher.

I wish I could get them again they are on back order till October, so I'm going with Kumho Ecsta MX in 255/40/17. Winter is coming anyway, and hopefully by next season I'll have some bling rim/tires for the street, and some R compounds on the stock rims for track days.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
machron1 is offline   Reply With Quote