Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65120
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 EJ257 Hybrid
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ77
why do the dyno charts say that horsepower and torque are "at engine"? does it do a drivetrain loss test? and if they are calculated crank hp and tq numbers, the 2002 wrx baseline seems extremely low.
From what I understand, Brainstorm's dyno is supposed to compensate for drive train loss which should translate to higher numbers on the dyno. Funny enough the second graph you referred to that I downloaded off their dyno compares a previous stock 02' run against my final dyno run that day. The numbers look right for stock whp on a WRX running 91 pump gas here in Cali:

158.1 hp /142.8 ft-lb tq

When Ed did my very first run I had the mods I mentioned above (intake, uppipe, turbo back) but no Ecutek tune and put down the following dyno numbers:

177.5 hp / 185.6 ft-lb tq

I'm guessing that without those mods I would have put down numbers close to the stock 02'. I added the dyno graph of the stock 02' vs. my modded 05's pretune numbers to this link: Stock vs Pretune

I've been told the best way to use a dyno is to look at what you put down before mods vs after mods. Then you have a rough idea of what you gained through the mods/tuning.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by luspeed; 10-07-2004 at 05:05 PM.
luspeed is offline   Reply With Quote