Old 10-25-2004, 08:50 AM   #9
mjalex007
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 66022
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2005 Baja Turbo
Black

The Unichip has been working out great. It's been maybe 1500 miles, including a 400 mile trip to NYC this past weekend. I've only thrown one CEL so far, and that cleared by switching the Unichip off and then back on (it also resets the ECU). For those who don't know, the Unichip comes with two switches: one to change between two maps, and the other to turn it off.

In addition to the Unichip, I put in a catless uppipe, cat-back exhaust, short air intake, and lighter crank pulley. I also installed a manual boost controller, then took it off when I got the Unichip, and then put it back on. I was told the MBC would allow the car to hold boost better but I'm not sure about that. Because I've only got it set at about 12 +/- psi, I don't think it will do any harm.

I'm anxious to put the car on a dyno for proper tuning and will do that as soon as I can spare time to make the trip to either Connecticut or Maine (don't know of anyone in Massachusetts).

Some other mods I've done are to replace the shifter bushings and tranny mounts and some hoses.

I bought a Spearco intercooler from someone on i-Club and I hope to get that this week and install it. I also will have some 17-inch wheels installed this week as soon as they arrive.

Last thing on the list for the foreseeable future is a rear sway bar. Anything after that and my wife will make me sleep in the garage (with the motorcycle that I also keep throwing money at).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mjalex007 is offline   Reply With Quote