ydant
Scooby Guru

Member#: 43447
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2009 STI
The Good Grey

Default Dragon Subaru Meet 11/26-11/28

Ok, the other thread has gotten confusing what with multiple weekends being discussed, and GreenMarineSVX's contributions...

Here are the details:

The Tail of the Dragon is a mystical beast that if you believe recent threads, is quite over-hyped. Be that as it may, the tail happens to be situated in some of the finest driving/tourism country around. So, while "the Dragon" does refer to the particular portion of highway 129 that crosses the North Carolina and Tennessee borders, for most of us "going to the dragon" it is more about getting together to hang out and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

For more information about the actual tail, read: http://www.tailofthedragon.com

Room is provided for a fee by the Microtel in Robbinsville. Directions are available on the website below. This hotel is extremely close to the tail. I will try to call them tomorrow and see if I can get a discounted rate.

http://www.microtelrobbinsville.com/

People will be arriving throughout the day on Friday. I suggest we meet in the hotel lobby or outside the hotel Friday around 6pm. This will be the meet and greet and we can decide where to go for the evening meal.

By Saturday morning everyone should have arrived. From then on out we just wing it. Again, I suggest meeting in the morning around 9am. If I end up going I will leave information with the front desk clerk so late comers can ask for me by name. If I don't go, you guys are on your own.

Oh, and everyone bring a FRS radio tuned to..... Random number here... channel 6.

If anybody wants a drunken subie bash Friday/Saturday night, buy the beer before you cross into the enhanced bible belt. And no mexican restaurants that Porter recommends for supper.

----

For the Orlando crew:
Details for the Orlando People
Departing Nov 26th @ ~ 7AM
Taking I-75 via Atlanta
Arrive Robbinsville NC Microtel Nov 26 @ ~5PM
Saturday Nov 27th All Day Play
Sunday 28th Check out of Microtel, Goodbyes, and Depart for Home

----

For the Birmingham crew:

I don't know - I won't be there.

----

For the Atlanta crew:

I don't know - just come.

----

For the South Carolina crew:

I will be coming up the usual route - 28 to 64, probably. If you're interested in meeting up somewhere along the way, let me know. I'll probably leave Aiken sometime before noon.

----

Note: By my posting this I am not accepting responsibility for anybody who decides to come up that weekend (or any other). I'm just trying to help with getting everyone together for a FUN event. I AM NOT THE OFFICIAL ORGANIZER!

I am looking for someone to split a hotel room with. If I can't find someone I will not be going. Post up if you'll have room.

Also, post up if you are going to be there, and how certain you are.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ydant; 02-06-2013 at 10:49 AM.
ydant is offline   Reply With Quote