Slow progression (familiar looking lamps eh?):

Switch to Driving Lamps:

Added afew more lamps:

Current state:

Wiring Central:

Lighting Inventory
Stock headlamps with original bulbs
In Foglamp Wells:
Hella 500 Clear Foglamps loaded with 55w Hella Yellowstar H3 Bulbs (lamps spliced directly into OEM foglamp wiring)
On Upper Light Bar:
Four Hella 500 Driving Lamps with 55w plain bulbs
On Rally Innovations Skidguard (lower light bar):
Two Hella 500 Driving lamps with 55w Hella Yellowstar bulbs

Homemade wiring harness capable of handling up to 100w bulbs for each driving lamp.

The upper bar/bracket cost me about $15 to make ($20 if you count the spraypaint). I used 4 metal bars/straps measuring 3/8"x1"x36" which can found at home depot and 4 sets of nuts/bolts (10mm threaded portion, 17mm head) to hold everything together. The bar attaches to the two top bolts holding the radiator mounting brackts and the two bolts holding the hood latch. It's also attached to the two licence plate screws but only to prevent vibration and bouncing. The licence plate screws bear ZERO weight of the bar & lamps. The majority of the weight is on the two pieces that sit on top of the bumper. They scratch through the paint a little bit but you can't see it when the bar's installed. [my bumper skin has deeper scratches and gouges elsewhere...] Finally the entire bracket was sanded and painted using black duplicolor paint. I touch it up every few months with a shot of black krylon spraypaint.

Other Notes
All 6 driving lamps are hooked to a single paddle switch next to my cruise control switch.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Psydotek; 12-08-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Psydotek is offline   Reply With Quote