(1) Purpose: Improve near-field & peripheral vision during inclement weather. Does not need to light up much farther than regular low beams.
* Easy mount --> Projector units are more compact for a given wattage and equivalent lighting effect
* Fog beams that do not cause glare in fog/rain/snow --> sharp cutoff
* As small as possible
(3) Choice: Hella Optilux 1002 (Chrome housing, slightly purple lens). Comes with clear 55W H3 bulbs that emit deep yellow beams. The projector unit has a plate that permits a nice sharp cutoff. Retail price around US$30-60 (depending on where you buy them).
(4) Materials required: Screws, washers, & nuts.
(5) Mounting method: Direct mount on the SG Forester grille by drilling a few holes and trimming the grille to fit the projector profile. The projectors are light enough to not require any lightbar.
(6) Additional picture(s):