Scooby Guru

Member#: 31511
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
03 GD2 95 GM4
www.ITNRally.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrya
By the way, have you (or anyone else) considered mounting aux lights on the side mirrors like older safari rally cars? I know that this means the mounts need to be easily detachable to maintain compliance with California Vehicle Code, but making a pod on the side mirrors for small aux units like the PIAA004Xs isn't that difficult. All you need are a few bracket material, spare side mirrors, and pod-like material like the roof flashing I used for the fog trims. Imho, it'll make a nice addition to the extensive array of lighting you already have on.
I have discussed this at length with Rally Innovations, but thus far we have yet found the time for it. I for one wanted it. One of the other things I was thinking of was adding little motors to it, so that you can use them a search spot lights, and have them remote controlled in the cabin.

Yeah its funny that a majority of the posts are from Cal. Gotta wonder what we are doing

but if you must ask, I Road Rally... at night. There's nothing like getting out on to the back roads and canyons in the wee hours while everyone else is dead alseep.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rapid_Roo is offline   Reply With Quote