Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

Post H6 engine will show up sooner rather than later

Stopped by the dealership today to drive a 2K GT just for fun. (Very nice car, definitely seems more refined than my '99, although I do have firm riding tires on my car). Anyway, after my test spin I spent a few minutes talking to the new car sales manager and asked him about the possibility of the H6 for 2001. He said they were expecting to have H6 Outbacks (215hp he said) at the dealership in Feb/March timeframe - much earlier than I expected. I asked if this was a New England only thing, since Subaru NE is independent, but he said this would be nationwide. He also said he figured for the first model year they would only be available with the automatic, and wasn't really sure about the prospects of a stick in the future. As he pointed out, the SVX was never available with a stick, and it was a sports/touring car.

On an unrelated note, the 2001 Forester will be introduced in February 2000. He hasn't seen or heard anything about it yet, but since the platform is pretty new he figures it is just going to be sheetmetal/interior changes rather than a completely new vehicle.

And, of course, I asked about the turbo Impreza rumors - he said he knows the market is definitely there for it, but he hasn't really heard anything firm yet.

------------------
Patrick Olsen
'99 Legacy 2.5GT (WNTR-GT): removed intake silencer, K&N filter, 18mm SPD rear bar, 80/100W bulbs with heavy duty wiring, 205/55ZR-16 Yoko Nexus tires
'89 Mustang GT convertible (SUMR-GT): 9# intercooled ATI supercharger, TFS head and intake, Borlas, Konis, etc, etc...

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote