Old 12-24-2004, 12:07 PM   #3
ButtDyno
Street's closed, pizza boy

Member#: 17301
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
is the "dark side"
06 Evo #7 STU, 03 IS300

Part 4: Springs, Struts, and Coilovers... Oh My!

Visit the Tein S-tech FAQ for any S-tech related questions:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1267918

"But my wheel gap is uneven"

We've been over this

"best tophats/strut tops/camber plates"

Some factors:
-Do you want camber plates or camber/caster plates? Generally camber plates are better at getting JUST camber than combination plates. Whether you want more negative camber or more caster is a decision you can make based on what you'll use the car for.
-Can these plates achieve your desired alignment? Best bet is to search to see what other people have gotten.
-Do you need to adjust your plates before/after events? IMHO, best to just get the car aligned once and leave it alone, but it can be done.
-Can you live with a little bitty raise in ride height? Most camber plates will raise the car a little. RaceComp Engineering has a set that don't - as far as I know they are the only company to offer such a product.
-Can you live with more NVH? There will also likely be more NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) with most aftermarket tophats/plates/whatever. It depends on what they're made of - you'll get less NVH with, say, Group N tophats than regular pillowball mounts that come with your average set of coilovers.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by ButtDyno; 12-16-2007 at 03:37 PM.