Scooby Guru

Member#: 769
Chapter/Region: VIC
Vehicle:
04 SoBaLo EsTea-ai
ZERO/SPORTS/99 GM6/05 BP6

Quote:
Originally posted by Necromancer
Yes, believe it or not chassis engineers actually design the car to run at the factory ride height. If some aspect of your driving is nonstandard (maybe you run only on smooth pavement, or you have modified the wheel/tire package, or you've altered the curb weight such as by never taking rear seat passengers), then you might need to alter the suspension to match. A lowered car might give you less overall grip but faster transient response (turn-in).

As I said, I really like the stock wrx suspension. It just needs lower profile tires (205/50R16 or 215/40R17) to make it work on the street. Perhaps a *tad* shorter spring would be good as well (but keeping the overall rate about the same).
agree....stock shocks are designed for stock springs....so if u plan to lower it for better cornering or lower gravity....u have to use short stroke shocks to work w/ the aftermarket springs....and from there on u will find out the RE92 even more sucks and u will need new tires and tower bar, sway bar etc to alter the change u have done up....

is $$$ but is lots of fun....hehe

i learnt this on my Civic thru my stock shocks w/ Kg/mm, TEIN NR height adjustable damper w/ springs and TEIN HR coilover now....

i would love to go one step up to Zeal B6 but think back do i need the 4th set of suspesion since i got my car? hehe....now is enough for street use....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
5 Zigen is online now   Reply With Quote