SYMS GT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 427
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
'91 SS Legacy EJ257
DOHC/18g/FMIC/V.8 6spd

Default Cut it up...really...

For the movement of the climate controls you'll have to be dedicated to it. It takes some snipping, cutting, sanding, and glueing... Wiring all depends on what you're installing in it's place. Thanks BTW for noticing...must mean I did a good job of making it look OE

First off you get down to the bare bones of the car. Removing all the center console area leading up to the heater vents. All this is done with a philips srew driver and some pop clips for removal.
-There are 2 scews under the ash tray pointing upward.
-When you get to the vents, this portion should just pop out, give it a good pull. Don't jerk on anything too hard, that's how things break, plus the hazard switch is hooked to the back!!

After inside you'll see the 4 screws holding in the climate controls in. Remove these and the unit will be able to be removed from it's resting place. (Don't drop the screws, these can easily bury themselves under the dash) Once out you'll see 2 wire bundles and one detent cable for the heat gradient connected to the unit, unclip the 2 bundles.

The tricky part is unclipping the C-clip retaining the detent cable. It can be done with a small flat screwdriver and some finese. Again make sure not to lose any parts. After that the whole unit should be sitting in your hands. FYI: This is now the time to install new bulbs in the unit if needed...I forgot

Everyone still with me?? IF so continue down to the stereo and DIN sized pocket. Remove all of this.

Now for the trully dedicated. Snip off the 4 mounting holes!! Now the fun begins. Start sanding bits at a time.......till it fits in the new location. Constantly trial fitting the unit.

Anyone still with me??? If so I'll continue.......
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SYMS GT is offline   Reply With Quote