Old 01-17-2005, 01:05 AM   #18
Saturn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53951
Vehicle:
2005 STi
Obsidian Black

Quote:
Truly awesome setup. Those have a startup and sleep dance too? You also have the electronic controller that goes along with it too? How much did the the whole run you? Im guessing ~700?
Yup, startup and sleep dance, as well as pics of the controller, can be found on the first page of the thread. And as for the cost, the gauges themselves along with the control unit ran me about 800 shipped to Canada, the gauge pod was a bit of luck since I found someone on Nasioc selling one so I didn't pay full price, and I had them installed professionally.

Quote:
of course, Imperial is the most useless form of measurement

...now if only time was measured in metric...
Ask and you shall receive! A Guide to Metric Time

Quote:
Damn that's expensive but I would much rather pay that and get THAT, rather than the defi....

Question though... How was install, fitmit....etc? Any problems or quality issues as far as the cf weave being messed up?

Thanks again,

-Nigel
I had the gauges installed professionally, but it seemed to go over quite well. The fitment was simple and clean. As for the pod, the quality of the weave is excellent.

Quote:
I hate you...but in a good way...but still i hate you.
well gotta start over again and save up for those guages.
Nice setup.
Thanks bro, your hatred is appreciated.

Quote:
I always figured the defi pod hung over so much to prevent glare on sunny days. Have you had any glare problems with your setup?

I'm hella jealous.

-Mike
No offense to those who own the Defi pod but I kinda likened it to an Olympic ski jump... The wrx in the bay next to mine when I was having these installed had Defi gauges (white face) in a Defi pod, made me glad I got my CC Pod. Thus far no glare problems, but then again we're not getting a whole lot of bright sunlight these days in snowy Montreal :P

Mike
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote