View Single Post
Old 05-29-2001, 03:57 AM   #6
Andy_T
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 502
"Why cant I find any information on the Legacy B4 / Blitzen on the German Subaru web site. Is this car even sold in Germany? According to the Soob of Germany "official" web page the Legacy does not even come in a "turbo" version. THAT IS JUST WRONG"

"Wrong", the car *is* sold in Germany, or "wrong" that Subaru doesn't sell the car in Germany? On the second point, I would agree.

No, the B4 RSK is not for sale in Germany. ("B4" is the generic model name given to sportier Legacys in Japan). At least it's not sold through franchised Subaru dealers. I doubt Subaru even makes the B4 in LHD. Only Japan, New Zealand and Cyprus (all RHD markets) get the B4 RSK, although the Aussies (also RHD - you cannot even register a LHD car here) are soon to get a slighty detuned version.

Subaru means almost nothing to the German car market. The WRX/GT Turbo has a following, as ever, but the European car market is heavily protected against international competition. High import tariffs are imposed on foreign manufacturers who have no manufacturing base in Europe.

Perversely the B4 would probably do quite well in Germany, as the locals have quite a taste for high-performance sedans. Whereas Australia (and to an extent NZ) have some of the most heavily-policed roads, with the lowest tolerances and highest penalties, in the developed world (Carl Scully's words, not mine)...

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote