subelove
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 533
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2008 STI
Black

Talking Legacy Turbo, screwy!!

I'm new to this forum, I heard about it on another sube message board, I thought maybe you guys could help me with some questions. 1st, Yesterday I was changing my oil and noticed some coolant on the ground and dripping off the brace directly behind the oil pan, not a lot but some. I checked my reserve tank it was half empty, it was full last week when i checked it. Anyway I start poking around trying to find out where it was coming from, I noticed a little pool on the top of the engine on the side of the Turbo, it was by the head gasket and I was convinced I had blown one, but there was no coolant in the oil, and it wasn't smoking, then i thought it was the heater core, I thought it was anything, but then I remembered I had put a new valve cover gasket on a few days before and I got a little rough with it, is there a cooling line that goes to the turbo that I might have knocked loose?? Or any other ideas. and another thing I noticed this Sun, drove it some of that day, after I noticed it. drove it all day Mon, and as of now Mon night everything is dry as a bone. Can't figure it out. It seemed to only do it that one time. 2nd I need new tires and when I bought the car, I was a little concerned about a humming noise coming from the rear, I took it to a shop and they told me the Dunlop tires, which I have can be loud, and when you slow down it feels like the tires because it kind of hums while stopping at a light etc. Like the huge big meats do. I was just wondering if this could be something else like,wheel bearings, or the LSD.

Thanks a lot

Jason
91 Legacy Turbo
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subelove is offline   Reply With Quote