Bagelw
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 41874
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
Black

Default Borla Hush - Wagon vs Sedan

Seems like I've seen a lot of threads where people say that the Borla Hush is louder in the wagon versus a sedan. Well, this past weekend pottymouth and I installed his Borla Hush on his sedan so I figured I'd make a thread about the noise differences between his sedan and my wagon.

My wagon and his sedan have the exact same set up. They are both 04s and are both running AP Stage 2 91 octane as our base maps and have the Helix catless downpipe with the Borla Hush cat. I'll even say that we both have 18" wheels with the same size tires and both are cheap, crappy tires. His are Hankooks, mine are Federals.

First off, a stock wagon is already a little louder than a stock sedan but it is very minimal. On the freeway there tends to be just a little more wind and road noise in the wagon that most likely comes from the roof rack and the open cargo area.

Surprise, surprise! My wagon is a little bit louder with the Borla. The Borla can definitely be heard in the sedan but it is just a little bit more muted. I personally love the sound of the Hush. It really brings out the boxer rumble yet is still fairly understated. BUT, my wagon can drone some on the freeway. It is most noticable when driving around 65mph in fifth gear and accelerating. The lower rpms create the droning noise. Once you've reach a higher speed/rpm around 75mph the droning goes away. The Borla in the sedan is still noticable and is louder than stock but there doesn't seem to be the droning noise. Let me clarify that I like quiet cars and even though the Borla drones some on the freeway in my wagon it is still completely bearable. I usually have the stereo(stock btw) turned on when I'm on the freeway and it easily covers up the droning. And really once you are up to speed the droning goes away.

So yes there is a difference in noise between the sedan and wagon but it is very minor and shouldn't sway your decision with a Borla Hush. For wagon owners, just expect a little bit of droning which you will get used too and I think most people won't even mind it. If you like your car stock quiet then the Borla Hush is not for you no matter if you are a sedan owner or wagon owner.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bagelw is offline   Reply With Quote