View Single Post
Old 07-26-2000, 09:49 PM   #4
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

Slide - I would say it's more the mid corner to corner exit where this is a problem. As I start to get on the power again I think the body roll combined with the front end lift from acceleration just unloads that front inside tire too much. What is your combination, and on what model car?

New springs was definitely another thought that had entered my mind, but I don't think I want to lower the car at this point. I think what would really be sweet would be an adjustable coil-over setup - that way I could keep near stock comfort and stock ride height on the street, and then tighten/lower things for auto-x/OT events. However, the knowledge base for the Legacy seems much smaller when it comes to coil-overs (what spring rates work best, etc), and I'm not sure I want to spend that much money on the car right now anyway. The funny thing is that my Legacy is my "civilized" car, and yet I'm about to order a set of dedicated racing rims for my racing tires, and I'm considering substantial modifications to the suspension. Meanwhile, my "fun" car sits in the driveway waiting for parts.

Back to the subject, I think I'd be more inclined to try a bigger sway bar and the anti-lift kit first, to see what they do for me. If I decide to upgrade the springs/shocks/struts later, those components would still be worthwhile I think.

Pat Olsen
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote