2008 Saab 9-3 SC 2.0
Nocturne Blue

Thumbs up

#1.) tire?

BF Goodrich G-Force sport, size 205/55ZR-16

#2.) where you at?

St Augustine, Florida

#3.) Race it?

Intend to Auto-X this season, havent yet.

#4.) Highway/biway?

About 50/50, so far have driven it in rural florida on these as well as Miami stop-and-go traffic.

#5.) Personal quotes:

Even though I still intend to go to a 17" wheel and tire combo, I replaced my stock RE92s after a 2nd blowout. Those tires have weak sidewalls apparently, and it showed in all sorts of situations. These BFs handle great. They have a very attractive tread pattern and amazingly look wider than the 205 width would suggest... kindof a broad-shouldered look.

Breakaway is predictable, and 4 wheel drifts on lightly dusty pavement are easily achievable. Understeer is still prevalent however, so an upgraded rear-sway is on the menu to the get the rotation in line. Braking in wet or dry is predictable, but on bumpy roads the wide tread blocks have a habit of invoking ABS. These are as good in the city as they are in the country, and in snow-free florida are an excellent every-day tire.

One thing i Havent tried is bombing around in the sand, the RE92s performed admirably the last time I went through deep sand, causing Jeep owners to give me confused looks. I dont think these BFs are going to be nearly as good however... maybe Ill get a set of rally tires on steelies for that.

Thanks for your participation
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Zeker555 is offline   Reply With Quote