View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #41
Scooby Guru
Member#: 32636
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
2004 Impreza STi

jblaine -> I am not sure if this could have any bearing on your problems, but it may be one of the easier things to check.

Originally Posted by engineerx
it was droping down to 10.4V during cranking, then barely 12+V
The Hydra Standalone EMS acts up when it sees those low voltages and it will not start the car below ~10.8V , the stock ECU works fine - The Hydra has 3 processors so it power hungry...
Now if I can just figure out what happened to my throttle I will be back to the joys of the Hydra. It seems that everything was running great on the initial map I set up from Phil's original map with only the WBO2 calibrated. It seems after about 30 minutes of driving I completely lost my all throttle response and my idle shot up to a steady 2250rpm's. The TPS gauge on the Hydra software even reads zero no matter how much I push the accelerator down. I tried downloading the map to the ECU again and several other little things with no luck. I let my car sit for about an hour and then when I started it I pumped the pedal three times and had response before it went away again. Now I am back on the stock ECU waiting for the next reply from Phil.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
offset is offline   Reply With Quote