Old 04-06-2005, 10:24 AM   #57
offset
Scooby Guru

Member#: 32636
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Silver/Silver

I got an email from Phil (who has been very helpful keeping up correspondance on my issue) that Hydra would like to take a look at my ECU to try and figure out why the TPS shows zero all the time now.

Well in an interesting turn of events I heard from Aaron (aka Antimullet) who said he started having some minor TPS flutter issues. So he was talking to Andrew at Hydra about it and here is the response he got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimullet
Here's what ANdrew at Hydra said:
It seems that the 04 and 05 Stis have a weak Ign switch output which feeds power to the Hydra ECU. Most cars when running will show anywhere from 12.8-13.8 on the real time battery volts window. However the 04-05 Stis seem to be showing anywhere from 10.2-11.5v. This voltage is way too low for the hydra to run properly and that is why the DBW safety circuit is cutting in. At this time we will like to have all 04-05 Stis units sent back to us for additional hardware and software to fix this problem. We will take care of shipping both ways. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I really hope I am not out of line for posting this as it could start a big ruckus, but it might really be beneficial knowledge (especially for this thread). It seems most of us knew there were a lot of power concerns, but this sounds like it may verify that it isn't just a one or two person problem. Of course I look at this in a positive way since it appears Hydra is going to take charge of the problem and see about getting it corrected.

offset
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
offset is offline   Reply With Quote