aaron, i had the same thought. i started working on it too. see:
i rigged it up to measure IAT, but i had a short to ground in one of the thermocouple leads that i had placed in the TB. the IC datasheets instruct you that one side of the TC leads must be grounded, and i did so at the IC, so with the addition of the short i had a ground loop and the readings were nonsensical.
one issue i had was the range and resolution of the tuner pro A/D interface. this won't be as much of a problem while measuring EGTs though, since they are an order of magnitude higher than IATs. for IAT use i will need to throw in some voltage gain, perhaps 5x, to get it in a nice range for sampling.
so many projects, so little time... :sigh: