Scooby Guru

Member#: 32636
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Impreza STi
Silver/Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx
Did Phil ever figure out why your car wouldn't start? Was it user error? What about the lack of throttle response?
Actually I sent it back to Andrew (HydraEMS rep here in the US) and he updated the firmware and added a relay to the harness. I am guessing (hoping) that is was all just a power issue and now that should be all fixed up. I drove it last night for a few minutes and then to work this morning for about 30 minutes. No signs of trouble yet. But I am carrying my stock ECU with me in case the thing acts up I can swap it in less than ten minutes at this point probably. I just really hope it doesn't come to that.

On another note I was in fifth gear this morning and laid into the throttle for a bit. I was watching my crappy stock boost gauge and it would run up to 1.4 bar and hold there for a second (until I backed off basically). I heard what sort of sounded like wastegate flutter, and doubt that is good. I am guessing that is do to my stock BPV not being able to work reliably at such a high boost level. If my gauge was accurate at all that would be reading over 20psi on a stock STi turbo which can't be good. That is something else I will need to figure out.

offset
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
offset is offline   Reply With Quote