View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
savageblitz
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78394
Vehicle:
03 Euro WRX MY03
Dirty White

Hi guys, I've got some problems with my Blitz SBC-Id boost controller which I hope you guys can help (maybe its similiar to the original poster's query).

Recently I swapped my TD04 for a VF37. But since I'm running into some problems with my boost levels. I keep getting boost spikes very frequently (up to 1.5 bar before the CEL comes on even tho my setting is 1.1). I'm not using any EMS or Ecutek. Why is my limiter function on my boost controller not working?

After talking to an ECUtek tuner, he said that the way to prevent boost spikes is to tune my boost contoller by setting my desired boost level, say 1.1 bar and drive normally and full throttle at gear 4 till my max RPM range. If I still hit boost spikes, I need to tune my gain and other settings on the boost controller.

True enough, once I had done that, I do not have any boost spikes. But my max boost now is limited to only about 0.7-0.8 bar (even though my setting is 1.1 bar). Basically its the same as if I had turned off the boost controller.

Hope you can clarify my doubts...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
savageblitz is offline   Reply With Quote