Old 04-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

I have to second Farfrumwork's thoughts. Subiekid was trying to be helpful. You have a 2.0l factory turbo, that is the appropriate forum for this inquiry. I know it can be a little confusing,but if you post it there you will get the most solid help. And tirades like the one above just put people off. 90% of our board members won't even read past something like that and your thread dies...

Yes, there are guys running 16G's on their cars in this forum, but they are running them on 2.2l of discplacement. They do not have ST as a tuning option, and they had to do a lot of custom work to make them work, such as adding an intercooler to an non-intercooled car, sorting out injectors since few drop drop into the 2.2l manifold, etc, etc. In short, their experience will not really directly be usable to your situation. In the 2.0l forum, there are close to 100 people running your set up. I only know of 4-5 2.2l guys even using any sort of 16g on their 2.2's.

And to answer one of your unaswered questions, I would start with the stage 2.0 map. Better to play it safe. Even your upgraded turbo won't flow as much air as the turbos on the 2.5 maps at the same boost. You will be pushing a bit higher psi of boost to get the same CFM's out of your turbo...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.