I finally got my cv axle back in, and took it for a quick drive yesterday evening. I'm happy with the results. The feel is a much firmer feel, and does not have that extra softness the stock bushings had.
One issue/thing I will probably modify is to tighten the bolt/nut that holds the horizontal joint on. I think with use, the pieces have "set" in, and the amount of play has increased compared to when I originally tightened things.
So I will probably remove the joint, drill a hole in the bolt for a castle nut, and then re-tighten everything.
I'll update things when I make that modification.
One other note. I have the spare joint I removed from the car. Once I get things squared away, I will probably modify it, and sell it if anyone is interested.