Parsons
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 65688
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 junkyard heap
Black/dirt

Default odds/ends for rs-wrx swap?

SKIP TO THE BOTTOM (#18). This post is old, just didn't want to create a new one.

Ok, for starters, i've been working on a swap for my car for a very long time, it was totaled about 6 months ago, and I am still working on it =( Between two jobs/national guard and other things, I don't have a lot of time.
I've been reading this board daily since the crash, and I cannot find some of the answers I am looking for. I know most of the MAJOR components needed for the swap, and I have most of them. I want to know about any parts I might overlook.

It's a 2001 2.5rs.

My car took a tree to the front end, so basically everything from the firewall forward has been or is pending replacement.
I have a 2004 wrx engine. I have the ECU/wiring harness. I have the harness from the old engine. I have the complete books/wiring diagrams for both engines. Turboback exhaust, wrx cross member.
The RS tranny did not get damaged, will be using that.
Still need a radiator and cooling fans, not to sure what to get there.
I'll need a clutch, but have not purchased one.
Little stuff like gauge pods, fuel pump, Bov, ect. The rpm/mph gauges from the RS will obviously be obsolete.

What other odds and ends will I need to complete this swap? I wont be doing it myself, but I don't want to have it sitting in my mechanics garage for a year waiting on parts here and there. I've read every sticky and every post about completed EJ20t swaps and still am not sure if I am missing anything.

Anything?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Parsons; 08-25-2005 at 10:22 PM. Reason: needed some attention to this old post.
Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote