Old 04-22-2000, 04:46 PM   #9
Greg I
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384
Vehicle:
2002 Acura RSX-S
Blue

Thumbs up

Richard: hard to say so far, since it's only a day old. I need to break it in so I can really give a good comparison.

Feels awesome inside -- not much to look at from the outside though (I like it; it's stealthy until you notice the wing and the R badging). Build quality tops the Sube by quite a ways *so far*. I have to get used to the Honda control placement again since I haven't owned one in over two years now.

Brake pedal feel is excellent. Initially I was braking too hard because I was used to my RS's mush-pedal. Clutch is also excellent, and the shifter feels close to perfect. The seats are better than stock RS but can't compare to my STi seats -- must do something about that eventually.

The suspension just kicks ass; it soaks up bumps but feels very taught. The car is really stable at highway speeds -- steering feel is spot on, and the wheel itself is thick and grippy. I haven't had a chance to really test things out, but when you start pushing it, it feels more nimble than the RS and it tracks a VERY accurate line.

The engine sounds amazing. I mean, without all that sound deading stuff you can REALLY hear everything that's going on. I drove my RS again afterwards and it was shockingly different. Driving the car in the rain was interesting as you can feel the LSD working hard to keep things on track. Honestly, it's better than I expected seeing as it's FWD; it shows what you can do with a front drive car if you put the effort into it.

I'll be bringing the car to SIR on July 17th, so that will definitely be an interesting experience. If you want to check it out, give me a call or just drop me an email. It'll probably be til next weekend before the break-in period is over though.

Anyway, bottom line is that I'm happy

Greg.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Greg I is offline   Reply With Quote