05-23-2005, 11:14 AM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santiago, Chile
2007 Forester XT
Originally Posted by raamaudio
Glad I can help, been a bit harder lately as so dang busy all the time, whewwwwww!
I use double faced foam tape for a seal, self taping screws to mount it, several, then mat right up over the baffle and then over that with foam.
Seeing an actual picture of this would be great
I have a couple of questions............ anyone, please??
1) I don't use the rear doors speakers; do I need to do any deadening at those doors??
I mean, I'm trying to prioritize trying to focus on three or four areas... a couple of days of work; no more than that. Moreover, I'll be trading my car in mid next year... so no need of doing a perfect job
2) After doing the front doors (and I kind of understand all the work that is needed there...); what would you do?? This is a wagon, and trying to follow Rick's instructions is a little difficult...
Lower A pillars, and rear wheel wells?? And THEN the trunk???
3) On the rear wheel wells, you do the right and the left wells? Or you do a whole big thing out of them??
4) No rear deck, right (little obvious)...? No behind the rear seat? I guess not!
5) Rick recommends doing the interior floor before the trunk; is that right? Major problem with trunk is that there are panels everywhere......
6) What do you use to clean the different surfaces?? Specifically, the door outer skin???
I would appreciate you comments on this.