View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Roland Saul
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174915
Vehicle:
2002 TS Wagon
Sparkly BLue

Wow dude thanks for the insight. Maybe I'm looking for something that just doesn't exist realistically.

Huge difference in the WRX by the sounds of it. The TS runs up to about 4000 rpm WAY too much for me unless I'm in 5th gear almost all the time, 1-4 are strictly accelleration. I guess what I'm trying to do is get the car to idle through life and last forever haha. I very rarely will notice it's lugging, I'll always go to 4th gear when it drops to about 2k, and it SEEMS to be running smoothly.. I hope I'm not overtorquing the tranny parts because it seems to hum perfectly between 2k and about 3500, then I feel as if I'm getting less bang per rev. It'll do 4k very comfortably but the mileage seems to go to hell after that, and I'm hoping to baby the car, because it's the best all round car I've ever had.

I fear that if I buy another one in a couple of years, Subaru will have gone and distorted the design somehow and it will be harder to find another later model with the same feel as the 02. I read a few complaints here about the move from 2.2 liter motors, and the "old school" impreza's, I guess I'll never know the feeling of the 2.2 hehe unless I find an older one around here someday. Anyways thanks for the info man, greatly appreciated as I know very little about tire geometry vs. performance. I keep them as new and clean as I can and check the pressure all the time, that's all I know.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Roland Saul is offline   Reply With Quote