View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #20
NordiX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 33439
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
WR Pearl Blue

I'm reviving this 6-month old thread because I am struggling with the discussion I read here. Every answer given by Scotty and the others points to the idea that the stock 03 calipers + H6 upgrade + quality rotors + SS lines + mc brace + good pads + good fluid = optimal braking performance for the bugeye, and that swapping in 4/2 pots is a waste of time and $.

But I have ALL of those upgrades and the braking performance of my 03 SUCKS!! I can't even lock up the brakes when I take the car to a safe place and test the limits! I will admit that I have found that my Hawk HPS pads will grab a little better after I get a some heat in them... but as the weather gets colder here in SLC I don't tend to get the brakes very hot during normal street driving. I have no confidence that if I got caught in a surprise emergency braking situation that my current set up would stop me as quickly as one should expect from a well-balanced performance vehicle. It's my #1 gripe with this car that I otherwise completely love to drive.

So I am reopening the question: Is it really not worth the $$ to upgrade 4/2 pot calipers, and/or mc? How can it make sense that I wouldn't get more squeezing power from 2x the pistons?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by NordiX; 12-03-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: typo
NordiX is offline   Reply With Quote