Scooby Newbie

Member#: 267366
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Sportage SX
Black Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1c View Post
So you're just contributing to the crappy driving. Doing all that just makes it worse. People suck at driving. If you just chill and deal with it, there would actually be LESS of a problem. Aggressive d-bag driving like you describe is just as bad, if not worse, than the ignorant a-holes.
Meh, I disagree to a point. Sure some of it is a tad juvenile in nature, but if everyone just ignores the problems, they don't go away. I sometimes think people don't even realize that they are violating the "rules of the road", sometimes a little "wake up" is what they need.

I never actually used to drive aggressively until I moved here. I quickly found out that if you leave one car length or more between you and guy in front of you, people WILL fit their car in there. Sorry but I am not going to sit back and let everyone cut me out.

Furthermore, lets talk about entrance and exit ramps. When merging onto the highway, YOU have to yield to the traffic already on the highway. Common courtesy suggests two things; one being that if possible, you can move over to allow people to safely merge. Two is that in heavy traffic, people should utilize the "zipper" style of merging. If someone who has to yield decides that they don't want to and that they are going to run up as far as they can before cutting someone out, well it won't be me, have fun riding on the shoulder. Am I compounding it? Perhaps, but I don't think I am wrong, they are because they are more important than everyone else.

As for exit ramps, lets be real here. People driving around here go to the same places every day, they know where their exits are. So if I am in line, lets say at the ramp getting onto 64 (towards Norfolk) off of 264W, and I see these people who try and fly up as far as they can before cutting over at the last minute, I will "close the gap". Most of the time there is little to no traffic behind me, why am I the douche when they should have slowed down and merged.

As for me being a douche for using the far left HOV lanes (I know you didn't say it), meh.....it is a risk I take, if I get caught, you won't see a thread on here from me complaining that I got a ticket. *shrug*

Attention America, it is called a turn signal, use them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ammodawg79 is offline   Reply With Quote