new ion?
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 242652
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
04 2.5 TS sedan
JBP

Default Diy!! Spacers!!!!

This is my entry for the contest, however that doesnt mean it's not usuable for any other reasons.

This is only for the front drivers as the rear door panels do not have enough space.

This was done on an 04, so it should work for 02-07.

If any pictures don't work, or anything is unclear, feel free to PM me. I have no life so I'm free often. :P

I'm really really pressed for time right now, so I'll come back and fix this later if i skimp out.

The final product:

Tweeter mounts:

I know they aren't pretty, but who cares right? noone seems em, so it doesnt really matter.

now, you may feel overwhelmed, lost or confused. I am here to guide you.

materials:

3/4" wood of your choice. I used plywood because it's all I had at hand. MDF would be ideal, but since I don't have my stock speakers on hand (they're back at my dad's, on vacation. frankly, I don't care. )

Screws. Something 1-1/4" is the perfect length to go thru the plywood and into the metal. If something smaller than the stock size, use tinnerman clips. You do not need to worry about putting them the proper way, the clips will hold. Washers can help for sure.

Short screws. To hold your driver to the wood.

measuring tape. for measuring. duh. :P

compass. for drawing circles.

drill. bits in 2 sizes at minimum, for predrilling for the screws, and for jigsaw

jigsaw with wood blades.

primer.

hokay, now to the instructions.

Step 1
Pull off door panels. really simple. 2 screws and a couple clips. not giving instructions for that.

Step 2
take off driver. 3 screws.

Step 3
trace driver onto wood. get the screw holes. Do this 2 times as both front drivers are the same.

Step 4
using the measuring tape, measure out the space needed for the driver to clear. Divide that distance by 2, and measure that out on the compass. draw your circle. drill out a part inside this circle, then cut out the circle with the jigsaw.

Step 5
cut out the outside of the spacer.

Step 6
fit driver to spacer. if it fits well, take spacer off and spray with primer, to avoid rot. screw these together.

Step 7
screw spacer and driver to door after connecting driver to wiring.
put door panel back on.

Step 8
profit!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by new ion?; 07-20-2010 at 01:37 PM.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote