View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
AKMUNKIE
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333463
Chapter/Region: AKIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie 907 View Post
actually people forgot how to have fun an example people will re-learn this winter with ice racing.

now my own personal opinion is people expect to much with little input of their own the whole arrive and drive concept is fine i guess but you look back to 70's 80's 90's before this internet knowledge and couch bitchin family's went out as groups to events and supported each other the wifes and girlfriends would help kids would help it was a big deal to get ready for that event or people would drive hundreds if not 1,000 miles to hit 2 events in one weekend the level of actual dedication is down there's only 6-7 people from all the clubs i know put in 99% of the work just to have others have fun. honestly the hundreds of hours i put into events every year just to get a thank you is not enuff any more i want people to start stepping up so i can work on other things to make Motorsports better in Alaska. i don't know what the answer is i don't know how to make/beg/bribe people go to meetings to support what they like to do which is to race? i don't know any more. people need to support their clubs/ event what ever they are or the **** will just die off after going through the political side of the **** house now they could care less Motorsports are looked at as a disease almost and people don't realize it of course could i go on on on about this damn thing right, i could but every person that likes Motorsports is accountable for doing something.

i look at the vintage snow machine guys they are more organized and make every showing a big deal and they are out there with old bucket sleds but ya wouldn't know it for the pride they take in their sport. those guys know how to have fun and ya know what they get all the help in the world cause sponsors and other people see it too.

and honestly this mentally translates and get magnified into the forums where accountability is even less

go have fun ya ****s..lol

/rant
Amen!!! What can I do to help out? I know I don't got a subie at the moment, but I will and I want to help the club now even without one. Just let me know what I can do.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
AKMUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote