Old 10-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
Special J
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 148045
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2006 OBS
CGM

It's not in closed loop until 4k, that's just usually the current RPMs when the CL/OL delay threshold is exceeded. Go run in fourth WOT from near-idle up a long steep hill, and you'll see it go rich (transition to OL) lower than 4k, because the same counters are incrementing themselves the same number of times per second, but it takes more time to get the revs up. Dunno what the geography's like in your area of the Great White North, but I see it all the time here in Denver.

On the cold start thing, it's probably as simple as the ECU being programmed to go into normal drive mode (CL) when it looks like the driver wants to start driving before the normal transition delay threshold is met. I get in mine when it's cold and put the stick in neutral, start the car, and don't touch any pedals after letting the clutch out, and it stays at high idle until the coolant is warmed up. I forget the exact temp, it hasn't been that cold here in a while. Seems like that way it'll get itself up to temp as quickly as possible if left alone, but if master says go, it'll change plans and go.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Special J is offline   Reply With Quote