Old 12-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
dcwiker05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227864
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
1995 Impreza L WRX
Aegean Blue Metallic

Hi I have a 2002 2.5rs that I was originally planning to swap until I found another car for sale now I need some opinions. The car I found is a 2002 WRX, PSM just like my RS. This car has some front end danger from losing a fight with a dear I'll attach pictures at the end. The car has 166k miles (plan on pulling engine and rebuilding though) and has been sitting since October.

I'm not sure if it is 5 speed or manual also not sire if it has a clean title or not but I would guess it is clean. Anyhow he wants $3500 which I think seems a bit high, what's a fair price to offer him? I have been doing research and I've seen worse wrecks (rear end but not repairable) with lower miles go for as little as 1k on up to like $2800, including an 04 wagon with nothing behind the rear doors and 125k miles for $1500

. And am I better off continuing with the swap as planned or is the damage minimal enough that I should just take the parts off of my RS to fix the WRX buy a new radiator and call it a day. My RS is kinda sentimental, but its an 02 same as this one so I think I could get over it. I was just curious since I'd be pulling the engine regardless. My RS also has higher miles but the car is in perfect shape when it comes to the body, and it has been sitting for a year since blowing the engine.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by dcwiker05; 12-25-2012 at 08:53 AM.
dcwiker05 is offline   Reply With Quote