nola
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 291124
Vehicle:
05 wrx
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola View Post
I am thinking of getting my whole car painted the same color to freshen it up. Now I brought my car to a shop to get a estimate on some motor work. While I was there bull****ting around I was talking to the painter asking question like how much to fix this scratch and that door ding etc.. A little while later I was like well hell, how much to re-paint the whole thing the same color.( no jams, just outside) He replied, I will give you a killer deal and repaint the car for $1300 and wet sand and buff it to a mirror shine for a extra $200.. He told me to call around and I would see that it was a killer deal. Now I knew when he told me the price, it sounded very cheap. For this price I would assume he would NOT take my door handle, bumper, etc.. off and would only tape them and spray(but I don't know) I have seen some of his work as someone that works at the shop had him repaint most if not all of his front end on a 08'ish wrx and it looked/matched perfect as far as I could tell but I am not a painter and did not inspected it with a magnifier plus I know nothing about paint. So, what do you think? can I get a good paint job for $1500?? If he only is going to tape my car and spray for that price should I offer to take everything off myself to have it done the correct way? I need some feedback. Thanks
Anyone else?
Am i going to get the shaft or is it possible to get a good paint job for cheap? Or does this sound about the going rate??? Thanks
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
nola is offline   Reply With Quote