Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310615
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
1213 12'Sport+13'STi
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorz4 View Post
What is the difference between the Mini Ds2 and the Mini H1?
Do your recommend one over the other?
I am planning on doing a projector retrofit and want to be sure it comes out as good as yours :P

Where did you get the black headlight housing from? is that your own or was it also from the retrofitsource?
"For the most part, the performance of the Mini D2S and Mini H1 projectors is even, but I will highlight some of the small differences below:

1) Beam uniformity: The Mini D2S is a bit better in this category, with slightly more even-ness in its output.
2) Beam Width: The Mini H1 is slightly wider here
3) High beam performance: The Mini D2S has a brighter, more defined high beam (bi-xenon) output
4) Cutoff color/sharpness: The projectors are even, since they use the same exact lens - giving them a sharp and colorful cutoff line.
5) Bulb type used: Obviously the H1 takes H1 and D2S takes D2S, and we feel that D2S bulbs offer a bit more precision, though no more light.
6) Size: The D2S version is about 1/2" shorter in overall depth, but is also barely wider and a little bit taller than the H1 version.
7) Modification to your OEM housing: the diameter of the mounting shaft on the H1 is 22mm, whereas it's 32mm on the D2S model, so you probably wont have to modify anything at all when using the MH1, whereas you will likely have to just widen the diameter of the existing bulb opening to use the D2S projector."
Now I've taken the comparason above from HIDplanet.com forum. #7 was the main reason why I said H1 is the easiest to install.
The black housing was painted by myself.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JDMSTA is offline   Reply With Quote