Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340451
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2008 Corvette Z06
Atomic Orange

Thumbs up CraftyCraft's Mo-Fuggin 04 WRX Build

Boom!

Time for discussion, hate, bashing, or appreciation. I don't care.

Goal: Fast 'n' fun DD with autox in mind.

Boostin' POW-AH: 16GXT-R with welded IWG
Fuel: 850cc DW injectors, 300 DW pump, 91/E85 tunes

FULL TRANSMISSION SWAP! 04 WRX to a 04 STi for that extra gear, closer ratios, and LSD awesomeness. Paired with resurfaced STi flywheel and ACT HD performance street clutch.

Exhaust is getting a remodel as well. Crosspipe from GS, uppipe with 44mm EWG from GS (sound of the gods), Tsudo bellmouth DP, and keeping the ebay catback nonsense. Going to make a custom gradual turn down with the axle back portion since it doesn't fit too well anyway.

Controlling that POW-AH: GS EBCS, Tial 44 MV-R EWG, TurboSmart BPV

ECU: Cobb AP

Baby, it's cold outside: Already have a dual core radiator installed. Perrin FMIC, wrapping all the exhaust with DEI lava, coated crosspipe and uppipe, and turbo blanket to happen.

Suck it up: Perrin ram air, Motive Autowerks composite TGV delete

Breaking Back: TIC stages for increased responsiveness (bushings everywhere), Feal 441 coils (probably a later add-on)

IT DOES MATTER!: Killer B oil pickup, Killer B baffle, Sti pan (for now), fresh timing belt

Ayy Sexy Lady: Some appearance mods/de-mod to happen.

Did I mention my car has roughly 140k on the clock?

Build with pics galore to happen in a couple of months.

EDIT: I cannot leave out the fact that, with the transmission swap, I will be installing the Brembos to go with it! Also looking forward to get in line for a proper protune by Clark at Goodspeed Performance Labs!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by CraftyCraft; 03-25-2013 at 03:51 PM.
CraftyCraft is offline   Reply With Quote